Birth Partner 101 is an essential workshop for expecting couples. Whether you are having a medicated or unmedicated birth, whether you have a doula or not. This workshop is a great complementary workshop for a Childbirth Education class. We will cover topics that are not included in a Childbirth Education class. You will gain a confidence as a birth partner, as a pregnant woman and as a couple.
We will cover:
- The physiology of a pregnant and birthing mother.
- Practical hands-on techniques and pressure points that can comfort a pregnant/birthing woman.
- Breathing techniques that reduce anxiety and fear.
- Excellent sleeping positions to stay well-rested during pregnancy and postpartum.
- Laboring positions and pressure points that help manage pain.
- Simple and effective body-mind skills for excellent self-care.
- What a new mother needs after birth physically and mentally, after birth. The key to a healthy "fourth trimester" and beyond!
***This workshop is open to pregnant women at ANY stage of pregnancy and their birth partner. No background in yoga or movement is required.
***This workshop is a great complement to Childbirth Education classes.
About your host:
Shahar Lion, LMSW is a licensed psychotherapist who specializes in women’s health. She holds a Masters Degree in Clinical Social Work from New York University and postgraduate training in Psychoanalysis and Psychodynamic Psychotherapy. Shahar is a well-respected prenatal yoga teacher and a certified Movement Analyst from the Laban Institute. She has worked with pregnant women, their families and birth community in New York City for a decade. Shahar has made a valuable contribution in the Birthing community in NYC on the topics of anxiety, perinatal depression, trauma, mood disorders and movement. For any questions and to learn more about Shahar Lion’s practice go to: https://www.shaharlion.com/
To RSVP Birth Partner 101 click here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/birth-partner-101-tickets-44077316440